Friday 9 October 2009

from helen's glad rags...


these are my purchases i mentioned from the lovely helen of http://cocoaandblankets.blogspot.com/

the handles lined in red gingham & made from cath kidston boat fabric...


lovely attention to detail a little flower along with the labels 'handmade by helen',which you can see in the top picture...


i love this fabric as you know i have a passion for anything 'nautical'....& this will be perfect for my holidays in cornwall not only because of the theme but the SIZE so i can fill it up with all my treasures i find in all those wonderful shops & galleries in cornwall!!..


so what is it i hear you ask?...


it's a birdie sling bag,handmade by the lovely helen from her bathroom curtains,would you believe!!..i am really pleased with it & i'm saving it for my next trip to the coast...take a look at helen's blog (address above),as there are lots of other great designs too...
& that's not all i got,helen makes other goodies too....



i got this pretty brooch for my friend....



& helen being the lovely girlie she is sent me this fab brooch in these great sea greens & blues...



& this sweet lavender sachet ....


which zoe is carefully looking after in our bedroom...so thankyou helen,you are sooo sweet...



this afternoon these have been closed...


& these have been on....


& i have drank this to warm the cockles of my heart..

& christened my new rather large cup & saucer from cornwall,it was very yummy but i think i could be paying a few visits to the 'little girls room' as it was rather large!!
today has been another busy one,going to the gym,housework,walking love of my life,taking deliveries,helping neighbours with their new washing machines the list is endless!!
i had a lovely time yesterday catching up with my childhood friend,my have we grown!! we had lots to catch up on & still have,my friend is heavily pregnant & the baby is due at the end of the month,it is bev's first so very exciting for them...
thankyou so much for all your 'get well' wishes for love of my life,he is still a little quiet but feeling slightly better i think,at the moment he is curled up in his furry nest by the radiator toasting himself!!
well tomorrow night we are out for a meal with more friends that we havent seen for about five years,since they moved away...so i am really looking forward to seeing you marion & peter. my mum & dad are coming too...lovely!
wishing you all a super weekend whatever you are doing...xx











5 comments:

  1. You have a good weekend, too! I love your bag - lovely fabrics.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your love of things nautical! Especially old tall ships, sailing on the river Heford, nautical fabrics, the sea and so much more! I love the bag!
    Have a great weekend
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful nautical fabric and I love the sling bag.

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got my lovely parcel today, oh i was so excited! Thankyou sooooooo much, will blog about it soon. Glad the little fella is a bit better. Sounds like you will be having a good weekend. Have fun! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Heidi, you made my bag look a lot nicer than I did on my post...I am so glad that you liked it...have a lovely weekend...I have to work today...and my target is to finish my blanket while sweet P has friends round to celebrate becoming a teenager...love and hugs H

    ReplyDelete