Saturday 2 January 2010

Another year has said goodbye...

Another year has passed...were does the time go? Each year seems to go that bit quicker, 2009 just seemed to fly by another year which has left behind lots of memories as always some happy & some sad....
Anyway i would like to start with wishing you all a very happy 2010!!
New years eve was a bit different from normal,we usually go out with friends or family to celebrate but this new years eve was much quiter....not that i mind..we went back home to were i grew up...to my hometown by the sea were all my family still live...little walton on the naze...


We started by going for a lovely walk up the naze..this is the naze tower...in the summer season it is open..inside is a tearoom & a gallery ,which displays local artists work,the also have exhibitions & barbeques outside on the green....

I couldnt tell you how many times i have walked this pathway...when i was little we often went to the naze to walk the dogs or pack up picnics & go with all the family...they were great times filled with happy memories..it is a very sentimental place for me....

In the distance you can see the docks at Felixstowe...on a clear day & my long distance lense you can get some great pictures of the docks...

This is what is left of the old golf course...pictures & history about the golf course is on display in the tower...

The bright yellow gauze in all its glory...

There are many little pathways lined by trees,bushes & gauze...they all lead you the same way in the end...rabbits can be seen ducking under cover as they hear you approaching...

This is the seawall which is at the end of the naze....the naze sadly is gradually being eaten away by the sea...they are desperatly trying to fund raise enough money to build sea defences...the tower is so much nearer the cliff edge then when i was a child...it would be so sad to see it all dissapear....
Can you see the tower in the distance....this is looking back from the seawall to were we started at the tower...
It was a wild windy day with moody clouds..just as we reached the seawall the skies opened with rain & hale..i love it,love of my life is not so keen though...this was the only piece of beach we could get to as the tide was in....


Mr H & love of my life running to the shore...



The sea was brown & murky because of the weather & because here the seabeds are sand & mud..not like our beloved cornwall were the sea is blue.....





Here you can see the cliff erosion...the cliffs are full of fossils...when i was little we would spend ages looking for sharks teeth...they have organised fossil trips too....



This is what we call the centre circle..it is a open patch in the centre of the naze...when i was little it was completly green...it probably is now in the summer...this is were we used to have our picnics...we would sit for ages on our picnic blankets & enjoy the sun...


Looking down on the old 'golfcourse' again with the docks in the background....

I just love these skies....

After blowing away the cobwebbs we went to my mum & dads & spent the afternoon with them...more eating im afraid,i feel like i am about too burst the clothes are starting to pinch if you know waht i mean?!! Back to the good old gym on monday for me!!
I hope that you all had a lovely christmas & new year,it seems to go so quick,we have had a very relaxing week though,mr h has been off so we have had some quality time together..love of my life loves having his daddy at home...
Heres to another year of blogging & new friends to be made.....i have a couple of little ones to introduce you too on my next post who joined my hug at christmas...see you then.
And just to make you laugh...this is me on our walk done up too the nines...not!!
I give you my portrait for 2009!!





























5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year dear Heidi!

    Your photos are lovely, I have a particular fondness for the east coast, my sister lives in Suffolk and we often pootle out that way, and while I agree the sea is not quite so pretty and blue as our Cornish sea, its still rather wonderful isnt it?

    I hope all your dreams come true this year, love Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely pictures posted here. I remember going to Felixstowe on a course when I worked for Rothmans in Aylesbury. The bulk of our shipments went from that port and it was so very interesting to see the vast area of containers.

    Best wishes, Crystal Jigsaw xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful skies and clouds! Happy new year to you - hope it all goes well for you this year.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic and beautiful walk, I love walks like this oh you are lucky.
    Happy New Year Heidi
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog. It's a keeper. I noticed your sweet Oscar and I wish so much I still had my Jackie boy. Aren't they great? My Jackie has been gone for 6 months and I haven't gotten over it. Savor your Oscar as long as he's with you. Will be visiting you, again.

    ReplyDelete